To harness the potential for economic, environmental, and social benefits through the widespread implementation of the RECP methodology, the Project supports the mainstreaming and scaling-up of RECP in the beneficiary countries (including Azerbaijan) through the following three clusters of activities:
- Training of national experts on the RECP methods and techniques, and the development of mechanisms for service delivery to enterprises and other organizations:
- Pool of national experts trained by UNIDO experts in the application of RECP methods in local enterprises and other organizations.
- Support enterprises and other organizations from the target sectors on the implementation of RECP methods and techniques to achieve environmental and economic benefits:
- Detailed RECP assessments have already been completed for 10 enterprises in Azerbaijan in the sub-sectors of chemical production, agri-food, and the production of construction materials. The implementation results, alongside the associated economic and environmental benefits, have been documented using a standard set of enterprise level indicators, and have been widely disseminated.
- Enhancing awareness raising campaigns, and the thorough understanding of RECP opportunities and benefits among a wider group of stakeholders (including the business sector, national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations, academia, and the civil society).
- Support the transfer and deployment of key enabling technologies/equipment for RECP in the target sectors:
- Based on the findings gathered at the enterprise level, a technology gap analysis and common technology needs are identified in the selected sectors.
- As a result, appropriate technology solutions are recommended to further scale up the implementation of RECP, including through the adaptation into existing enterprise business and investment plans.